Thursday, July 10, 2008

California Vacation

I figured that since I have been back from California for almost 2 weeks that it was time to post some pictures. We had an action packed week. I went up a couple of days before Keith so that I could have some sister time with some of my sisters. It was a lot of shopping and laying by the pool. I loved it. We decided that we would go to the mall and between Stacey and Molly we were taking 4 kids. So we showed up about a half an hour before the mall opened and let the kids run through the water fountain first. This worked out great because then they were cool the rest of the trip and were really good so that we could get some good shopping in. Below are a few pictures.Roxy(Josh's Wife) Came over on my first day and brought all of their kids over to swim. I finally got to see their cute little baby Gunner. He was just the tiniest thing ever. I am sorry I don't have any pictures my batteries were dead in my camera that day. Thanks Roxy for driving out. I had so much fun visiting with you and playing with all of the kids. I hardly ever get to see you guys. I miss you! I'm sorry Josh that we didn't get to see you. I guess we will just have to plan another trip.

Once Keith got in to town we rented a car and hit a few of the tourist sites. I was imagining we would rent some gas efficient vehicle but Keith had something else in mind.
Our first stop was Sea World. Stacey and Adam came with us and Molly and Ashilyn came as well (Mark had to work). It was so fun to watch the kids excitement over all of the animals.
Next stop was the Beach. Molly had to drive back to Arizona so she was not able to join us. But you can't visit California and not visit the beach. We have Beaches in Washington but they are just not the same.Our last adventure was Hollywood. We went to Rodeo Drive and drove around and looked at all of the ridiculously huge homes. And watched all of the weird people on the streets. We tried looking for famous people but did not find any. Oh well there is always next time.
We had a great vacation. I think we wore Stacey and her family out. But they were good sports. Now I have to find something exciting for them to do when they come and visit us. Washington does not have as many fun spots for visitors.

5 comments:

Les and Cheryl said...

Those are great pictures. Averi looks so big and Ashlyn doesn't look like a baby any more. And what can you say about Owen he is such a cutie. Wade looks so sweet. I love the car and the Hollywood sign makes me miss California. I haven't been to sea world since you kids were little.

Stacey Bishop said...

Thank you guys so much for coming to visit. It really meant a lot that you took so many days off to come out to Cali and be with us. I am just now recovering from carting 3 kids everywhere but you guys were such a great help.

I cannot wait to come out to Oregon/Washington area this fall. And lets be honest, we don't need California hot spots as long as we have that forever 21 accessory store!!

Molly Jolley said...

dont worry i am still posting about our california trip to ive been a little bit of a slacker. it was so fun hanging out with you guys. love the pics

Audrey said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun! I wish I could go to Cali. I really need to get down there! PS You are so cute! :)

kimhumpherys said...

soo fun! love sea world and miss the beach! love the car too!