Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cake Drama



My Friend asked me if I would make a Birthday cake for her 14 year old daughter. I have not made a cake in a while and need the practice, so I agreed to do it. Well of course after I agreed to do the cake, she came back and told me she wanted a 2 layer cake. Which is of course twice the work and stress not to mention hard to do when you work full time. It requires you to bake 4 cakes and 4 or 5 batches of Icing. But I planned out my week carefully planning to spend an hour or so a night for 4 nights until the cake was all finished. So on night one I decided to bake all of the cakes. I stayed up until 10PM (I know I am a Wuss its not that late), I wrapped the completed cakes up and stored them away and decided to leave the last 2 cakes to cool on the counter over night. Well I came downstairs in the morning and discovered that Brody had decided he wanted Chocolate cake for breakfast instead of his normal food. He had taken a huge bite out of one of the cakes and was hiding in the corner because he knew I was going to get mad at him (Apparently the perks out weighed the consequences). But lucky for Brody I was able to bake another cake and get it decorated in time for the party. I guess it was a good thing I was organized this time, instead of my normal approach of chaos. Above are some pictures of the completed cake.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

oh my goodness!!! i want you to make ME a cake for my 14th birthday!!! :)

Karyn said...

That is beautiful! I would love to be able to make cakes like that, but always end up making a sheet cake and slapping on the canned frosting. Maybe someday...

Audrey said...

That looks yummy! Good job as usual!

Les and Cheryl said...

Love the cake and loved your visit. It was wonderful having you here for a few days. We hope to see you all at thanksgiving.

Becky said...

What a beautiful cake! I so admire people who can make something so beautiful yet edible. I made a cake recently and it turned out but I had a devil of a time getting the icing to stick to the cake. I have no clue what I'm really doing, but I guess one has to start somewhere.

Molly Jolley said...

looks so good i love that you know how to do cakes. what a great talent to have. i mean im really good at eating cakes so thats close to the same thing right :)