Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stuck in the Storm

Keith and I had been running errands all day and we had a few left to do. It had been a pretty nice day. Keith was able to mow the lawn and I was able to vacuum out the car. We were starving and had not eaten in hours. So we decided to go get a bite to eat and run our last errand of the day. By the time we got to our dinning spot we noticed that the clouds were really dark. They were quite beautiful. I remember telling Keith that they looked beautifully Erie, but it was still really warm out side and living in Washington Rain is not all that unusual so we didn't think much about it. Anyways after dinner we ran to Target to pick up a few things. As we were walking into the store we felt a few rain drops. But we did not think to much about it. We went inside and grabbed the few things we needed and proceeded to check outs. Of course as usual we ran in to a friend of ours so we stopped and talked for a few minutes. We were in the store for a total of maybe 15 minutes. As we were standing at the door we noticed that it was poring down rain. Now not your normal Poring rain but it was raining buckets literally. I had never experienced raindrops that big in my life. We tried to make a run for the car. I could not believe how bad it was raining. The parking lot was already flooding. So we get to the car and of course Keith could not get the trunk open with the remote. So here I am standing outside in the horrible storm soaked to the bone for what seemed like minutes but was probably only a total of 30 seconds. The ride home was interesting. The windshield wipers were worthless at this point. and the Lightning had set in. One bolt of lightning was so close it blinded us. It looked like someone had just taken our picture. But thankfully we did not live to far away and we made it to our home safely. By the time we got inside I looked like I had just jumped in a swimming pool with my clothes on. There was not a dry spot on me. I had to run do an emergency load of laundry so that the wet clothes did not sit in the hamper and get all smelly. Once we were home and safe. We opened the windows and watched the storm. It really was quite beautiful. We do not normally have storms like that. It lasted for probably an hour with straight down poor and lightning flashing every 30 seconds or so.

6 comments:

Les and Cheryl said...

Those storms are tough when your in them, but when your home don't you feel safe and comfortable as if the Lord is telling you all is well. Even if you lose your electricity, it's nice being home.

Whitnie said...

I love those kind of storms. They kind of remind me of the storms when you and keith were getting engaged. I think that was right about the time when Keith and I were having this conversation about a Jeep his friend was selling and how that would be a fun and cheap little project for our family of mostly boys to do. Wow what a project. awe memories!!!

Stacey Bishop said...

We have only had one rain storm that was kinda like that here. Adam and I couldn't believe it. We were out to dinner and for the first time I was actually scared of rain. The rain drops actually kinda hurt and seemed so huge. It is always more beautiful when you can just watch it from the safety of your home.

Audrey said...

I heard about the crazy rain! Yikes. The last time I was in rain like that was when I was over visiting you in Vancouver. I was driving on the 205 bridge and I actually had to pull over on the bridge and wait for the rain to let up a little beacuse I could not see a thing.

Molly Jolley said...

I cant believe that. that is so crazy. and wouldnt you know you would get stuck in it that is just our luck :)

Becky said...

Lindsay! I saw your comment on Kim's blog was excited to see you had a blog. It's me, Becky (Hartvigsen) Williams. You guys look great and looks like life's been going great. So where are you living in Washington? We're out Lansing, MI for a little while longer. I've been soooo bad at keeping track of people and where they've gone. Take care!--Becky