Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Projects.

Keith had a busy day on Saturday. He spent the day doing all the maintenance on the cars. Don't ask me what that all entails all I know is it took him all day. He is so handy. It is so nice having a husband that knows all about cars. I always feel like I get taken when ever I would take my cars in to get fixed or worked on. Now Keith can do most of it and if he can not he already knows what needs to be done and can make sure the mechanics are doing it right. So anyways I decided to take on a project of my own. I have been wanting a rocking chair for my front porch. I saw that Walmart had some in there garden department for $80 but then the other day I saw that Michaels had a do it your self kit for only $40. It came with all the nails and screws and you just put the thing together yourself. So I thought I would save my self a little money and put the rocking chair together myself. It always seems like a great Idea when it is still in the box. Well after an hour a few colorful words and a little sweat I managed to get the chair together. Keith is borrowing a Paint sprayer this week to paint some new moldings for our room so I think he is going to paint the rocker at the same time. Don't tell him but I think I might need a second rocker so that we can both sit on the front porch at the same time. Maybe he won't notice if I just sneak it in =)


7 comments:

Sorensens said...

Good for you. That looks really good on your front porch, what a fun project to do.

Les and Cheryl said...

That turned out really good. I think you do need two rockers. Your front pourch is perfect for rockers and of course you have so much time to just sit.

Molly Jolley said...

great job on the rocker it looks great. I wish i had a bigger front area so i could do something cute like that. Let me know how the sneaking in of the 2nd rocker goes :)

kimhumpherys said...

you need two..he'll thank you later! very impressive you put it together! good job linzy lou lou!

Stacey Bishop said...

I always pass those rockers in stores and want them so bad. Definately need two otherwise Keith will want to spoon in the one!

Becky said...

That is a really cute chair. I know how you feel about going to a mechanic, and it's especially bad when you're a woman. Here in Michigan if you don't own American it's seen as treason. We have a Korean Kia and a Japanese Isuzu. I'm sure the Muffler Man has pitch forks in the back room for customers such as us.
By the way, what's your email address? Mine is mutterdrei@gmail.com

Jamie Ball said...

Lindsay,
It would be too confusing to tell you how I got here, but hello, very long time no see. This is Jamie Barth or actually Jamie Ball. I see you live in a lovely place. I lived in Vancouver WA for about a year and I think Washington is the most beautiful place ever. It would be fun to catch up.

Jamie